Celebrating British Pie Week05.03.18
Did you know we can supply any ingredient you will need to make a sumptuous pie, Come on celebrate British Pie week with us this week.
Facts about Pies
- The earliest reference to pie being used in relation to food was back in 1301.
- Us Brits spend around £1 Billion on pies each year, £145 Million of this is spent on Pork Pies.
- Oliver Cromwell banned the eating of pies in 1644, declaring it a pagan form of pleasure. The ban was lifted 16 years later.
- According to a recent survey 75% of people enjoy a pie at least once a month.
- The only Oscar winning film with “Pie” in it’s title was the cartoon “Tweetie Pie” in 1947